- Completed Projects
- Integrated Transportation Plan Technical Update
Integrated Transportation Plan TECHNICAL Update
Project Summary: This project is a technical update to the Integrated Transportation Plan (ITP), originally adopted in 2015, to incorporate better and up-to-date data and recalibrate baseline indicators, forecasts and other data components. This technical update is requested in the 2015 ITP.
January 11, 2021: ITP Update Approved!
The Jackson/Teton Integrated Technical Update was approved at the December 7, 2020 Joint Information Meeting.
Click here to view the updated ITP.
November 20, 2020: Draft of ITP Technical Update Released for Public Review
An update to the Town of Jackson and Teton County’s Integrated Transportation Plan (ITP) is now available for a final public review. The existing ITP was jointly adopted in September 2015 by the Town and County. The Action Plan within the ITP calls for a “technical update” within five years of adoption. The first phase of the update pulled together data on travel and traffic trends in the area since 2015. That information was presented and discussed by the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) and Town Council (TC) in November of 2019. The second phase of the update included a policy and strategy presentation and discussion with the Boards in December of 2019. The focus was on Benchmarking systems; the WY-22 corridor; Transit goals; Active transportation (biking and walking); and the potential of Transportation Demand Management.
The third phase of the Technical Update was completed in January of 2020 where the BCC and TC discussed and provided direction on desired updates to each Chapter of the ITP. This phase looked at the following: the Plan Overview and Scenarios; Transit Development; Active Transportation; Travel Demand Management; Major Capital Projects; Regional Transportation Planning; the Action Plan; and Funding.
The final phase of the update includes additional recommendations including the following.
- Hiring a transportation demand management position
- Hiring an implementation lead for the Integrated Transportation Plan
- Working with the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) on a highway incident management program
- Working with the Wyoming Legislature to allow Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes to Wyoming Statutes.
- Engaging proactively with WYDOT on WY-22 planning and design, including BRT and HOV lanes.
- Adding a peak hour travel time indicator
If you have comments, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. The ITP will be discussed and considered for adoption at the Joint Information Meeting (JIM) on December 7, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
The links below provide three ways to review the draft. The first is a "clean" version of the proposed update, which incorporates all changes as they would appear if adopted. The second is an annotated version of the draft, which includes comments where changes have occurred, which explain the change. The third is a comprehensive redline tracking all changes to the document. The redline does not preserve the document formatting and graphics.
1. Click here to view the Draft ITP Technical Update.
2. Click here to view the Draft ITP Technical Update with annotations.
3. Click here to view the Draft ITP Technical Update with tracked proposed changes.