Historic Preservation & Town Square Zoning
What Are We Doing?
The Town of Jackson is rezoning the Town Square Character District to implement the desired future character of the Comprehensive Plan. Design requirements may be considered to protect the western character of this iconic district. The Town and County seek to expand the scope of this community conversation to explore how we define western character and what tools can be implemented to promote historic preservation community-wide.
UPCOMING: Nov. 19th Town Square Zoning / Historic Preservation Open House
An open house for Town Square Zoning / Historic Preservation standards will be held on Tuesday, November 19th from 6 – 8 pm at the Lodge at Jackson Hole Conference Center (Cheyenne Room), 920 West Broadway.
Please come to provide your comments on the recently released Strategy Report that contains recommendations for defining and protecting our “Western Character” in the Town Square area and incentives and other tools to protect historic resources throughout Town. Consultant Winter & Company will present the findings of the Strategy Report and be available to answer questions.
Also, the Town Council will have a workshop on the Strategy Report on Wednesday, November 20th, from 2 – 3:30pm at the Town Council Chambers.
November 7, 2019: Strategy Paper Released!
In sum, this report addresses three community planning questions:
1. What should be the role of historic preservation in the community?
2. How shall the development regulations be updated for the Town Square and Urban Commercial zones?
3. How should the concept of Western Character be interpreted and applied when considering new building designs in the downtown?
July 2019:New Online Survey Released!
Sharing your thoughts on this project is now even easier. Tell us how you feel about the future of historic preservation in our community. Help us develop zoning and design standards for the Town Square.
- Will be open through August 14, 2019
- Takes approximately 20 minutes to complete, but may take longer if you provide optional written comment
- Can be started, paused, and returned to if you don't have time to do it all at once
- Can be taken on a mobile device
- Can be shared with friends, family and colleagues so they can take it too!