Integrated Transportation Plan
ITP Project Background
Development of an ITP is an important directive of Chapter 7 (Multimodal Transportation) of the Jackson/Teton Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Plan also emphasizes that the community plans to meet future transportation demand through the use of alternative modes. The “integrated” component of the plan references integration between multiple modes of travel instead of evaluating each mode in its own sphere, it also references integration between jurisdictions (Town, County, State, Federal) as well as the integration of land use and transportation
The ITP uses a metrics-based approach to provide a detailed strategy, including an implementation plan, for the Town and County to achieve the transportation objectives set forth in the Comprehensive Plan. This plan has been developed jointly by the Town of Jackson and Teton County and guided by the Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC). The planning process was initiated in early 2014 and was adopted in September, 2015.
Throughout 2019 and 2020, the Town and County worked together on a Technical Update to the ITP. At the December 7, 2020 Joint Information Meeting, the Board of County Commissioners and the Town Council adopted the Technical Update to the ITP. Read below for details on the ITP Technical Update.
2019 - 2020 Integrated Transportation Plan - Technical Update
Transportation trends and future transportation goals in the community are best understood through the context of the joint Town of Jackson and Teton County Comprehensive Plan and Growth Management Program (GMP). For a summary of the process and findings of our most recent update of these plans, please visit the GMP project page and review the summary report.
Why so many plans? The presentation below provides a brief overview of how the Comprehensive Plan, Growth Management Program, and ITP work together to inform transportation needs and help us reach future transportation goals in the region.
The November 4, 2019 Joint Information Meeting (JIM) provided opportunity to present on the status of the ITP Technical Update process. This presentation, linked below, provides a summary of the current ITP, major trends since 2013/2015, summarizes a few conclusions observed so far, and leaves us with a few questions to ponder as we move forward.
In December 2020, the Integrated Transportation Technical Update was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners and the Town Council. For more information visit the ITP Technical Update project page.
- Jackson Teton Integrated Transportation Plan (Technical Update Adopted December 2020)
- Appendix A - Transportation Principles and Policies From the Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Appendix B - Stakeholder Interview Summary (PDF)
- Appendix D - Public Workshop Number 2 Outcomes Summary (PDF)
- Appendix C - Public Workshop Number 1 Outcomes Summary (PDF)
- Appendix E - Transportation Indicators Trend Data (PDF)
- Appendix F - Transportation Demand Management Program Options (PDF)
- Appendix G - Monitoring Active Transportation System Demand and Performance (PDF)
- Appendix H - North Bridge Traffic Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix H - North Bridge Traffic Impact Analysis (Revised) (PDF)
- Appendix I - Fixed-Guideway Transit Benchmarks (PDF)
- Appendix J - Wildlife Protection Resources (PDF)
- Appendix K - Regional Transportation Planning Organization Resources (PDF)
- Appendix L - Capital Group 1 Project Development (PDF)
- December 9, 2014 JIM Presentation (PDF)
- ITP Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- January 27, 2014 Project Briefing (PDF)
- June 1, 2015 JIM Presentation (PDF)
- June 24, 2014 Mobilizing Jackson Hole Workshop Boards (PDF)
- June 24, 2014 Mobilizing Jackson Hole Workshop Outcomes (PDF)
- June 25, 2014 TAC Meeting Notes (PDF)
- March 12, 2014 TAC Presentation (PDF)
- March 3, 2014 Interviews Summary (PDF)
- October 10, 2014 TAC Presentation (PDF)
- October 29, 2014 ITP Workshop Boards (PDF)
- October 29, 2014 ITP Workshop Outcomes (PDF)
- October 30, 2014 TAC Meeting Notes (PDF)
- Photo Voice Summary (PDF)
- September 16, 2014 TAC Presentation (PDF)
- Integrated Transportation Plan, September 2015 (PDF)